London has been a popular destination amongst travellers from around the world. It is a popular destination for people travelling for work, for family holidays with kids and elders as well as for couples looking for a romantic getaway. It comes as surprise to many how London offers one the world’s most romantic spots despite all its hustle bustle and city buzz. If you are couple looking for a romantic getaway or a newly married planning a honeymoon, then London is the most ideal destination to visit. The glorious and romanticised architecture, culture, heritage, history and vibrancy of this city will offer you the perfect setting to make your honeymoon as memorable and love-filled as it can be.
Millions of couples from all over the world flock to this city to celebrate their honeymoon here. The reason and places that attracts honeymooners from around the world to London are listed below:
This gem of London boasts of royal parks, a beautiful university, the classic English market and pubs, waterside and the top of Greenwich Mean Time that offers breath-taking views of the city of London. You can go for long romantic walks here, enjoy a picnic in the parks along with views, explore the Greenwich market that’s offers good food, antiques, homeware, accessories and more. You can also visit the Cutty Sark and its museum, the National Maritime Museum, watch a gig at O2, experience the Emirates Air Line cable car, the MBNA Thames Clipper, the beautiful Old Royal Navy College and the iconic Royal observatory of Greenwich to spend some quality time together.
Royal City Parks
London is one of the unique cities of the world that has managed to maintain and provide its residents as well as its tourists with over 8 massive, plush green and free for all royal parks that is spread across 5,000 acres of land and are all located in the heart of the city. From romantic walks, to taking a run together, boating in the lakes of the park and enjoying picnics the parks are great for all these activities and more. Through out the year, these big parks also offer seasonal activities like carnivals, festivals, fairs and more that you can attend. You can even enjoy some great meals at the cafes and restaurants that are in these parks. The most popular parks of London are Hyde Park, St. James Park, Victoria Park, Regent’s Park, Richmond Park and more. You can even spot some deer, birds, rabbits in parks along with wide and varied collection flowers and plants. These royal parks are close to the Paddington hotels.
The Iconic London Eye
You might think this is the most touristy attraction and is not suitable for couples but that’s not true. At the London Eye, you get a chance to enjoy the most gorgeous views of London with your partner. Plus, at this attraction you can private hire a capsule to celebrate special occasion and events. You can book the cupid capsule, the private capsule, proposal or dining capsule and treat your special one with something unique and stunning that they will remember and cherish all life-long.
The Shakespeare Globe
The most unique way to celebrate your love is by watching a nice play at the romantic open-air theatre of London called the Shakespeare Globe. On a good weather day, you can plan a date night, watching one of Shakespeare’s romantic plays at this iconic theatre of London.
If you are still panning to get married and propose to your loved one, then also London is a great option. If it’s time you want to pop the big question or plan a fancy proposal, the these are the most ideal spots and locations for you.
- The View from The Shard: Enjoy a nice meal, the views a glass of champagne to make your proposal truly special.
- London Sky Bar: Another gorgeous building, offering great food, drinks and spectacular views, makes this place an ideal one to pop the question.
- The London Helicopter Tour: Make the world be under your loved one’s feet and propose for marriage in the skies. A proposal as fancy as they are in the movies.
- SEA LIFE London: If skies are not your thing, you can propose surrounded by the beauty of underwater. Plan a memorable proposal with the background of the beautiful aqua life.
- Tower Bridge: What can make for a better backdrop than the iconic Tower Bridge to take that ring out and put it on your loved one’s finger. The most stunning views of London are just perfect to propose the most stunning person of your life and begin a beautiful journey together. All the pictures of your proposal will be frame worthy in both your heart and the walls of your house.
- River cruise: The idea of proposing on River Thames is off-beat and oh-so-romantic. You can book a cruise, enjoy the wind in your hair, a nice dinner, ride along the views of gorgeous London architecture and propose your loved one to share the beautiful journey of life with you.
- South Bank: One of the mots buzziest, lively and panoramic places in London, makes this place perfect for proposing your loved one. Any season of the month is great to be here on the banks of the river and find many suitable spots to propose.
To make your honeymoon, the proposal trip or your romantic trip truly special you must book yourself a luxurious and comfortable hotel. To stay close to the best romantic locations in London and to be in the heart of the city you must book your stay at the stunning The Shaftesbury Premier London Paddington. Beautifully blending romance and luxury this place will make your honeymoon or your romantic stay truly special. The opulence of the hotel, the pampering facilities and the hospital staff with hotel’s cutting-edge technology will make your stay as beautiful as a dream. The prime location of the hotel will also help you commute to different romantic places, events and gigs swiftly. This area is well connected with all of London’s transport links.